- 6 hrs (2 evenings 5.30-8.30pm)
- General knowledge of Piling;
- Bored Micro Piling;
- Safety in Bored Micro Piling Operation;
- General Safety;
- 1 day (8.30am-5.30pm)
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Project;
- Trainer will go through in details with the trainees the pre-operation and post operation checks in Bored Micro Piling Operations;
- Trainer will go through the requirements while manoeuvring the piling machine through Figure 8;
- Trainer will go through the procedure and method to engage the piling machine to perform casing installation at marked pile position within tolerances (include method of off-setting the piling point), drilling operation, removal of casing, and basic hand signals & all the safety precautions during operation of the machine;
- Trainees will be grouped in pairs to perform as an operator and a rigger/signalman to practice on Figure 8 travelling and drilling operation;
- Trainees will practice on Figure 8 travelling and drilling operation, following the procedures and methods being taught by the trainer;
- At the end of the training, trainees should be able to operate the bored micro piling machine smoothly, understand the requirements for manoeuvring the piling machine through Figure 8, procedure and method of performing drilling operation for the pile, and able to recite the pre-operation and post operation checks, within the stipulated time for each part of the test projects.
- Candidates will be advised to take up more practical trainings prior to the test to ensure that they are able to acquire the required skills and speed to complete the test projects.