|Tradesman || |
- 6 hrs (2 evenings 5.30-8.30pm)
- General knowledge on earthworks, surveying, and soil mechanics;
- Excavator Parts and steering modes;
- Basic system pre-operation check and basic maintenance;
- Operation safety and good practices in excavation;
- Interpret drawings, calculate earth quantities, levels, slopes and width of excavation;
- General Safety;
- 1 day (8.30am-5.30pm)
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Project;
- Trainer will go through in details with the trainees the pre-operation and post operation checks in Excavator Operations;
- Trainer will go through the requirements while manoeuvring the excavator through Figure 8;
- Trainer will go through the method of marking out the test project of various layouts to meet the project tolerances, the procedure to excavate the marked trench, the placement of excavated earth, and the positioning of the excavator, back filling do and don’t and requirements;
- Trainees will practice on test projects, manoeuvre the excavator through figure 8 following the test requirements, setting out and making of various trench layout, , hands on excavation to at least one of the trench profiles following the required tolerances, backfilling of excavated trench in correct procedures etc.;
- At the end of the training, trainees should be able operate the excavator smoothly, understand the requirements for manoeuvring the excavator through Figure 8, method of marking out the trench profile, quality requirements for the excavated trench, backfilling procedures and requirements, able to recite the pre-operation and post operation checks, within the stipulated time for each part of the test projects.
- Candidates will be advised to take up more practical trainings prior to the test to ensure that they are able to acquire the required skills and speed to complete the test projects.