|Foreman || |
- 6 hrs (2 evenings 5.30-8.30pm)
- Types of Timber used;
- Common Tools & Materials used in Joinery;
- Safety Hazards;
- 1 day (8.30am-5.30pm)
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Project;
- Trainer will provide detailed explanation on how to interpret the test drawing and how to prepare the cutting list for the test project;
- Trainer will provide coaching on the basic skills in glue application, laminate installation, and trimming of edges, lockset installation etc.;
- Trainees will practice and hands on the sample practical projects in accordance to what have been taught by the trainers, with close guidance from trainers in the course of their practices;
- At the end of training, trainees should be construct the test project to meet test requirements in safe working manner, dimensions tolerances, nailing methods, quality of laminates installed, quality and correct construction of cabinet door and fittings, within the test duration of 5 hrs.
- Candidates will be advised to take up more practical trainings prior to the test to ensure that they are able to acquire the required skills and speed to complete the test project.