- 8 hrs (2 evenings 5.30-9.30pm)
- General knowledge of Formwork;
- Alum Formwork;
- Safety in Alum Formwork;
- Formwork Safety for workers;
- Sample Written Test & review
- 3 days (8.30am-5.30pm)
- Test project uses Doka Formwork System, comprising a L-wall, a column, a slab, and a beam;
- Vertical formworks installation for column and L-wall will be assisted by a gantry crane, which will be operated by the trainer.
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Projects;
- Trainers will provide detailed explanation and demonstration on the correct method and sequence of installation of the formwork panels for the various projects and the supporting false works;
- Trainees will learn how to set-out the project, transfer of levels, assembled the formwork panels in proper sequence, control project level & dimensions, verticality, squareness, method of nailing, method of clamping and bracing;
- Trainees will be assigned and trained to perform different roles as Team Leader, Signal man, Rigger, and helper during the duration of trainings;
- Trainees will be grouped in accordance to test arrangements to practice on the formwork installation and dismantling for various projects;
- At the end of trainings, trainees should be able to work as a team to install and dismantle the various projects under different roles, in accordance to BCA test requirements, within the specified test durations.
- Additional trainings will be given to SEC(K) test candidates on the proper construction of the 400x400x100(H) timber kicker.