- 1 day (8.30am-5.30pm)
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Project;
- Trainer will provide detailed explanation on how to prepare the mortar mix using hydrated lime powder & plaster sand, how to set-out the tiles in accordance to test project, how to control squareness, consistency in tile alignment & tile joints, surface flatness, gradient on floor, treatment to tile edges, control of adhesive bedding in tile laying, etc. ;
- Trainees will practice on the sample practical project in accordance to what have been taught by the trainer to meet the project requirements, with close guidance from trainer in the course of their practices;
- Trainees will practice and hands on the sample practical projects in accordance to what have been taught by the trainers, with close guidance from trainers in the course of their practices;
- At the end of training, trainees should be able to understand and set out the wall and floor tiles in accordance to project drawing, and lay the tiles in safe working manner, and in accordance to test requirements, within the test duration of 4 hrs.
- Candidates will be advised to take up additional practical trainings prior to the test to ensure that they are able to acquire the required skills and speed to complete the test project.