- 1 Hr
- Passed 25 MCQ on trade Syllabus
- 4 Hrs Installation
- Test project comprises of 2 parts, Metal Trunking and PVC trunking;
- Candidates to complete part 1 metal trunking/ conduit first, followed by part 2 PVC trunking w/wirings & fittings, within 4 hrs;
- Candidates to meet installation requirements on Safe work habit, proper forming & installation of metal trunking/conduit, proper forming and installation of PVC trunking & accessories and correct wirings;
- Candidates must obtain a pass in circuit performance otherwise he will be deemed to have failed the test.
Scope of Training/Assessment
- 6 hrs (2 evenings 5.30-8.30pm)
- Principles of electricity
- General knowledge
- Standard Circuits
- Overcurrent protective devices
- Measurement instrument
- Testing and inspection of final circuit
- Electrical Safety and Good Practices
- General Safety
- 2 days(8.30am-5.30pm)
- Trainees will be briefed on BCA Assessment Criteria for Test Project;
- Trainers will provide detailed explanation and demonstration on correct use of hand tools for the cutting of PVC/Metal trunking, metal conduit cutting/bending/threading, correct wiring installation/terminations, testing of completed circuit etc.;
- Trainers will provide close guidance to candidates on the forming of the conduits/PVC trunking/metal trunking, to the required profiles and installed in accordance to project drawings.
- Trainees will do through extensive 2 days trainings to practice the skills required for the practical test projects;
- At the end of trainings, trainees should be able to acquire the skills necessary to form the PVC trunkings, metal conduit/trunking to various profiles, installed in accordance to test project with the necessary accessories, and with the correct wirings installed, within the test duration of 4 hrs.
- SEC(K) candidates are advised to take up sufficient trainings prior to taking the test due to the difficulty in the SEC(K) test project.
||Similar to Foreman Level
- suitable for majority of workers
- Must passed both written and practical test to be qualified as CoreTrade personnel (Foreman/ Tradesman).
- Must passed both written and practical test to be qualified in SEC(K)