As part of LTA’s productivity initiatives, LTA has stipulated requirements to deploy Skilled Craftsman for Reinforced Concrete Works (SCRC) in all rail contracts such that more than
10% of the workforce are to be SCRCs.
SCRC workers are deemed to be skilled in reinforced concrete works (supervising & hands-on in both re-bar and formwork installations) and possess good knowledge in reinforced
concrete works. No training will be provided to these workers. The workers will be subjected to a 3-days test process to assess their competency to be qualified as a SCRC worker.
Prerequisite for SCRC Test
- Possess relevant working experience of at least 10 years;
- Be knowledgeable and skilful in Reinforced Concrete trades;
- Be able to plan and organize works independently and efficiently;
- Possess skills proficiency and exhibit productivity levels higher than the R1 workers involved in similar reinforced concrete works;
- Submit application (through main contractor) and obtained Letter of Approval from LTA to sit for SCRC Test.